Founded: December 8, 1787 by Father Fermin Lasuen
Named for: The Immaculate Concepción of Mary the Most Pure
Mission La Purísima was located in a fertile valley many miles off the beaten path of the El Camino Real. Much of its prosperity is the result of the tireless work of Father Mariano Payeras who served at Mission La Purísima for nineteen years. For four of these years he served as Father-President of the California mission chain, making La Purísima his headquarters.